Required Privileges/Rights to Install Markstrat.5 or Markops
You need to have Administrator Rights (also called Privileges) on your PC to install the Markstrat or Markops software.
Markstrat and Markops are both completely Microsoft Windows compliant. They use the personal temp folder (TEMP environment variable), personal working environment variable (MyDocument) and current user registry.
Required Privileges/Rights to use Markstrat.5 or Markops
If the application has been successfully installed, you can use it with standard user rights. However, you need the right to read/write a file on your personal folder and the right to read/write your personal registry.
More precisely, you should have the rights to:
- Read/Write in your temporary folder : C:\document&settings\[username]\Local_Settings\Temp (note: this folder can be customized with the TEMP and TMP Windows environment variables);
- Read/Write in your personal folder (pointed by the “My Documents” shortcut)
- Read/Write in the Registry keys below:
- Markstrat must be authorized to pass through the local firewall.
- You may also want to check the USER ACCOUNT CONTROL feature of Windows Vista. On some occasions, users had to disable it from the USER ACCOUNTS option of the Control Panel.
If the Data Execution Protection (DEP) is enabled on your computer, this will prevent Markstrat from running. Markstrat has to be specified as an exception in the DEP. Check the Windows online help to learn how to do this.